Building Bridges: Recruitment, Assessment and Selection
Thirty-Second Annual IPMAAC Conference on Personnel Assessment
June 8-11, 2008
- Bobbie Ames: How's That Working for You? Back to Basics in Test Development.
- J. Anthony Bayless & Henry Busciglio: Reliability and Validity of Angoff Ratings.
- Julia M. Bayless & David M. Pollack: The Power of Automating Job Analyses for All Hourly Jobs in a Large, Decentralized Organization.
- Brian L. Bellenger & Courtney R. Dean: Cheating on Promotional Public Safety Examinations: Strategies for Responding to a Widespread Test Security Compromise.
- Kyle E. Brink & Jeffrey L. Crenshaw: Adverse Impact: What is it? How do you calculate it?
- Thomas J. Carnahan; Chris W. Hornick & John M. Ford: The First Shall Be Last and the Last Shall Be First: Does Presentation Order and Scheduling Impact Candidate Scores in Assessment Centers?
- Linda Cooper: Rater Training.
- Jocelyn Courtney, Norma Callen, Temea Simmons-Collins & Julia Leaman: Proctored, Web-Based Testing: Leveraging Test Centers and Technology at U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Jeffrey Crenshaw, Brian Bellenger & Kyle Brink: Video-based Testing: Advantages, Limitations, & Practical Feasibility.
- Sharon Cureton: Recruiting Ideas for a New Generation.
- Pat Curtin, Lorin Mueller & Mike Heil: A Scenario-based Examination of Factors Impacting Automated Assessment Systems.
- East Palo Alto Police Department: Police Recruiting & Retention: "It's Showtime."
- Amanda Evans: Does Faking Pay?
- Jeff Feuquay: 2008 Legal Update.
- John Ford: Federal Employees Say They Need Training: Are the Most Critical Competencies Trainable?
- John M. Ford & Michael D. Blair: It All Begins with the Job Analysis: Using Job Analyses to Identify Talent and Drive Organizational Success.
- John M. Ford, Chris W. Hornick & Thomas J. Carnahan: Bridging the Bureaucratic Morass: Successfully Navigating Common Obstacles to Successful Assessment and Hiring in the Public Sector.
- Andrew Gardiner & Vince Walker: How to Successfully Navigate the Evolving World of Employer Branding & Recruitment Advertising.
- Ilene Gast, Sarah Phillips-Agarwal & Temea Simmons-Collins: Repurposing Your In-Basket: It's No Longer A Paper-Based World.
- Jeanette Green: Personnel Assessment: Avoiding the Legal Pitfalls.
- Reid Klion: Non-Proctored Assessment: An Emerging Consensus?
- Yves Lermusi: How to Turn Reference Checking into an Effective Candidate Assessment Tool.
- Joseph P. Murphy: Job Tryouts Go Virtual: Changing the Recruiting Paradigm.
- David M. Pollack & Julia M. Bayless: Implementing an Assessment Program for Executive Candidates.
- Selena Rezvani: An Introduction to Organizational Maturity Assessment: Measuring Organizational Capabilities.
- Shelley Spilberg: Law Enforcement Recruitment: Challenges & Strategies. Also see CA Commission on POST's Recruitment and Retention Best Practices Update.
- Pani Tademeti: Challenges in Communicating Benefit Changes: NCFlex Benefits Program Case Study.
- James Tsugawa: Qualification Standards: Issues and Implications.
- Greet Van Hoye & Filip Lievens: Look Who's Talking: Investigating Word-of-Mouth as a Recruitment Source.
- Ken Yusko & Harold Goldstein: Testing for Cognitive Ability with Reduced Adverse Impact.